We are seeking a financial planning associate to join our rapidly growing practice. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of experience delivering financial services to high net worth individuals. The position offers growth potential and the ability to work with a respected wealth management firm. The position requires strong analytical and communication skills. In addition, the position necessitates tremendous organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform multiple tasks successfully.
Salary based on experience.
Financial Planning Duties:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring financial planning strategies for clients
- Coordinating projects with clients and their attorneys, money managers, brokers, bankers, CPAs, insurance companies, and other external experts
- Preparing financial analyses and research for various personal wealth management issues; including but not limited to retirement planning, investments, estate planning, tax planning, debt management and insurance
- Preparing financial reports and presentations for clients
- Communication with advisors and other professionals
- Preparing client reviews
Other Essential Candidate Traits:
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with comprehensive financial planning topics, including capital markets, financial strategies, estate/gift planning, and tax planning
- Designations demonstrating such knowledge are preferred, including CPA, CFP®, CFA
- Ideal candidate will look to obtain the CFP® designation
- Expertise in dealing with the unique financial issues of wealthy families
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to maintain extreme confidentiality in dealing with client matters
- Demonstrated ability to “multi-task”, manage several projects at one time
- Use of financial planning software (eMoney), CRM technology (Junxure Cloud), and portfolio management software (Orion) are preferred.
- Extensive background in use of Windows and Microsoft based products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
About SFMG Wealth Advisors:
We’re a growing independent, Fee-Only, registered investment advisory firm specializing in the needs of
wealthy individuals. The services we provide include financial planning, investment management, estate planning, charitable planning, tax planning, and insurance coordination. We currently have nine advisors and oversee liquid assets of over $1 billion.